Thursday, June 5, 2008

How Can This Be?

I've always shared my life with everyone, mainly because I know that something I say might encourage someone else or help them to not feel so lonely. I understand this even more now as I am going through my current life crisis. Yesterday, I went to the allergy doctor and discovered that I am allergic to trees, grasses, weeds, lots of molds, milk, and eggs. I came away with three different lists of foods that I should avoid and what wasn't on one list--was on the other. I didn't know that being allergic to molds comes with a list of food to avoid. Apparently all the health problems I've been experiencing are rooted in my allergies. This obviously cramps my style just a bit. I love food and love to cook, and I have to get motivated to learn some new recipes and new ways of cooking. It is somewhat depressing, and today it was wonderful to run into my old friend Linda Louton. I used to work with Linda at the Garland County Library and I always thought she ate so plain. She would eat plain rice, a plain meat, and a plain veggie. She has lots of allergies, and I now totally understand her. I don't want to eat anything that I don't know what's in it. Eating, one of my greatest joys, has become my worst nightmare. Talking to Linda really
did help just to know that I am not alone.


I did have some wonderful dairy free ice cream this evening. Except for the fact that sugar grows mold, it was totally legal. It was called Purely Decadent and the flavor was Peanut Butter Zig Zag. It was chocolaty and peanut buttery--yummo!
I know in time things will level out after I get used to the medicines and figure out foods to eat that my whole family will enjoy. Life has taken an interesting turn!

No comments:

Verse of the Day