Monday, September 3, 2007

He Lifts Me Up

I am a devoted fan of Dottie Rambo. I have not heard a song she wrote that I did not immediately feel a connection to. I always think, "that is exactly how I would have written that song--if I'd have thought of it first." The other night, while feeling a little melancholy, I watched a DVD of Dottie being heralded by Bill Gaither. They sang one of the songs she had written, entitled "When I Life Up My Head". The next morning, the preacher spoke on the subject of "Looking to God". It never fails that when I give my fears and worries to God, that he doesn't somehow help me bear the burden. I want to share the words of this song with you--since I can't share the song.

When I'm down, when I'm down now, when my heart is filled with fear and doubt, when I lift up my head, then he lifts up my heart and my troubles just all roll away.

I can't see the sun with my head to the ground, tears in my vision that weight my heart down. But I found a secret, when I kneel to pray: When I lift up my head, then he lifts up my heart and my troubles just all roll away.

Roll away Lord, Roll all away Lord
When I lift up my head, then he lifts up my heart and my troubles just all roll away.

No comments:

Verse of the Day