Friday, September 7, 2007

Ignorance: Is it really bliss?

The other day I heard myself say to a lady "I guess ignorance is bliss, until you get caught." This was because she had "thought" she had sufficiently dealt with a matter, despite the many warning signs to the contrary. Then she got caught, literally, and hauled to jail. I find myself listening to people's problems and thinking the only real good answer we can give them is, "you should have come to us years ago." By nature, I think we tend to procrastinate. We put off those things we don't want to think about until we just have to think about them. We (my husband and I) execute more Wills in the hospital than we do in our office. It's amazing how many people end up in the hospital, and realize that they might die, and need to prepare. Dealing with God is probably one thing that people put off the most. I guess it's because nobody has failed to deal with the problem, been introduced to the consequences, and lived to tell about it.

It says in Mark 13:32 that no man knoweth the day or the hour when Christ shall return. The fact of the matter is that we do not know when we will exit this life. Whether Jesus comes back in our lifetime or not, we will enter eternity at some point. I read the obituaries everyday, and they range in age from infant to teens, to 20s to 90s. I pray that you have taken care of those important matters in your life, and don't wait until there is no more time. It doesn't really matter that you did not know the exact time. Don't get caught unprepared for your eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thoughtful blog
wd

Verse of the Day