Monday, February 4, 2008

In the Middle of His Will

While studying story of how Peter walked on water, I discovered a very important detail that I have always overlooked. It says in Matthew14 :22, "Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side. . . . " Afterwards he went to a mountainside alone to pray, and they were in the middle of the lake when a storm blew up. What I learned was that you can be in a storm, and be right smack in the middle of the will of God. Jesus told them to get in the boat and go out on the water, and we know who controls the wind and waves.

How many times do I question where I am at when things don't go as smoothly as I think they ought to? I always think I missed the boat or misheard God's direction when I end up in a storm. I think I was listening to my own direction and not God's. Storms still come even when we are in the middle of God's will, but he will be there to help us, comfort us, and calm the winds.

No comments:

Verse of the Day