Sunday, January 27, 2008

An Example



Hannah was baptized last Sunday, and today I learned that even a six year old can be a witness. There is a little girl in our church who is four years old and she told her Grandma, "when I grow up, I want to be saved and baptized like Hannah." It always amazes me how we can have an impact on someone that we don't even know is watching us. When I was a teenager, a lady at my church told me that she had told her daughter to pattern her life after me. My husband had a colleague tell him he was making changes in his life because of the example he had seen him living.

Jesus says in John 13:15 that "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." God wants us to act in a certian way in order to show the world who He is. When I talked with Hannah about how we must follow God and do the things he wants us to do after we are saved, she said "how do I know what that is." I told her that we must study the Bible. In I Corinthians 10:6 it says, "Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they [people of Old Testament days] did." Not only do we have the example of Jesus in the Bible to show us how to act, we also have the example of many people who did the "human" thing; our example of how not to act.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Verse of the Day