Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's been many days since I've blogged--I've been hibernating. We always close the office from Christmas to New Year's and I always dread coming out of hibernation and back into the real world. I've hardly even been on the internet and haven't checked my email everyday. It's actually kind of nice to hide from the world every once in a while. Last night we went to the annual New Year's Eve singing at Mt. Tabor Community Church. We actually stayed to the bitter end--which was midnight. Normally Terry is in bed early on New Year's Eve, and it was nice to sing in the new year with friends and family. Hannah actually stayed awake for the entire evening, but she was ready for bed as soon as we got home.

I've spoken about my van, and that is a sore subject. The adjuster informed me last week (after I finally chased him down) that he was going to total my Van. I told him I wanted to keep it and he told me that I should learn the amount I will be getting tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath, because they haven't really done anything like they said yet. I didn't get a rental because they were going to charge me $13.00 a day to cover the full coverage insurance I do not have. I'm hoping things start looking up tomorrow.

So for the New Year, everyone is always making resolutions and vowing to change. My vow is to relax more and to let it go. Life is really about preparing for the hereafter and not about the stuff I can collect down here. I'm going to budget my money better, and serve God with more enthusiasm than ever.

I may also talk more about politics in the future, because I have become very convinced that based on the life of Jesus, those that have should share with those who have not. I know it's a very "democratic" idea, but I believe it is also biblical.

On that note, I will let you move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammie you are a true treasure to all and especailly to Our Heavenly Father! I so enjoyed ready your blog it's entertaining and uplifting. Your love of Christ shines through every word. Thank you. Sorry about your accident. Were you hurt? Ipray not . Hopefully all will be well with your transportation soon . See you later. Julie strattan

Verse of the Day