Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Maestro

Tuesday, April 15, 2008, was not only tax day, but it was also Andy's Senior Recital which is apparently just as important. Andy started playing the piano about fourteen years ago. He began taking lessons from Velma Bever. She was an older lady who has since passed away, but she was a fireball. Andy very quickly started playing well enough to play in church and he did quite often. Although, in the beginning Andy was still young and he really didn't like playing in front of people. I remember pushing him to play because he was just so good. I told him it was a talent God had given him and he should use it. Andy makes playing the piano look easy, but being a very amateur piano player myself, I know it is not as easy as he makes it look. Andy has been my accompanist at church for sometime. He quickly learned how to transpose, and since I don't sing any song in the key it's written, he is able to fix that for me.

Andy got a music scholarship to Central Baptist College which is where this recital was held. For his recital, he played Sonata in F Major K. 280 by Mozart, Roumanian Folk Dances by Bartok, Impromptu in A flat, op. 142 by Schubert, and Scottish Legend by Amy Beach.




Hannah is lounging with her brother at the piano.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Tammie. I hope Andy knows how highly I regard him and his ability. I desperately wish I had his talent.

WD

Missy said...

And I missed it...

I didn't even know it was going to happen. I'm glad I checked your blog.

Congrats to Andy!!!

Verse of the Day