Thursday, September 18, 2008

Older and Wiser


Today is my birthday--I'm thirty-five years old. It doesn't seem like I'm thirty-five. I really still feel like a teenager with a lot more wisdom. According to the Oxford University Press dictionary, being wise is having or showing experience, knowledge, or good judgment. I hope that I show more knowledge, experience and good judgment than I did when I was sixteen. I know that I've learned a lot about compromise, I've learned that I don't know everything, I've learned that people are passionate about their politics, and I've learned that I only have one chance to live today, so I'd better make it count. I've learned that some things aren't worth fighting for and some things aren't worth paying for either. I've learned that God is faithful, He's just, He's amazing, and He cares about the little things in my life.


Today I'm thirty-five years old and I'm happy that God loves me. I'm thankful for everyday that I've been given, and I hope I give him my best efforts on all the days He gives me hereafter. I thank God for all the blessings of my life!

No comments:

Verse of the Day