Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just Mud!

So many times we humans do stupid things. Everyday I deal with people who are going through distresses, many times as a result of poor choices they have made. I often wonder as we go about our lives if God and the Angels are watching us and shaking their heads. "Don’t they know where this path is leading?" "I can’t believe they are doing that!" So many times we react to those around us in anger and meanness. We just don’t act very Christ-like. As I was reading Psalms 103, I came across verses 13 and 14
"As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.  For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust."
I can just imagine God walking up on the angels as they are shaking their heads at our shenanigans and saying, "Now you must remember, they were just made with mud." It is so awesome to think that the God who created me has given me a little leeway, because He realizes He just used dirt to make me. He also wants to remind me that I can’t do anything in my own strength, because I am nothing but dust. Everything good that comes from my being is a direct result of Jesus living in me. There are times that the feelings of failures are more prevalent than others. Paul said he died daily, but I am afraid that I must put my flesh to death more often than that. The awesome thing about God is that His love never ceases and his mercies are new every morning. (Paraphrase of Lamentations 3:22-23.) Everyday I need a fresh dose of mercy and grace to wash away the past and help me face the future.

No comments:

Verse of the Day