Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Living Water

I am very blessed to live in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where there is free spring water. I go to the Happy Hollow Spring about once a week in order to stock up on that free springwater. While there, I usually get into conversations with people about the superiority of this particular spring water. I think it is better myself, and one man swears his dog can tell the difference between the spring water and tap water and refuses to drink anything but Happy Hollow spring water. I have seen people from Texas and Louisiana there with trucks filled with jugs to stock up on water. Water is very important to our physical life, and it's no wonder that Jesus used water to paint a picture for us of what he offers. God's water is absolutely necessary for our spritual lives, and he offers living water that will fulfill our thirst forever. This means you only have to go to the spring once. There are many religions that offer water, that just doesn’t "taste" the same as that living spring water. People keep searching in other areas of life to fulfill that thirst that is not being quenched. The Samaritan woman's life was completely turned around by this living water, and I hope you have experienced the living water of Jesus.

Verse of the Day