Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Death Will Come For Us All

It seems that I've been surrounded by death lately. Several days in a row, we were called to go and do wills or estate planning for people who were either in the hospital or at home dying. Terry and I went to the home of one particular lady, and she was very pleasant and seemed quite content. She was very clear minded, and to be quite honest I thought she would probably last a few more months; she seemed fairly healthy. She told us she had cancer, and this was the third time. She had beat it two times before. She had seven children and three of them were there. I had to go back to her house on Friday of that week and I had her sign some papers and spoke to her. She was sitting up and seemed very chipper. We discussed that she was a member of the Church at Crossgate and the fact that she believed in God. She died a couple of days later.

A member of my church, Lois Hibbs, died early Monday morning. She was older and living in the nursing home, but actually seemed to be in fairly good physical health for her age. I've discovered that age and health have nothing to do with life really. When God decides your life is over, then you had better be ready.

Still another lady that I knew passed away this week. She was a sister of a dear friend, and her sister had prayed so earnestly for a miracle and that God would spare her. But God had other plans, and she instead has gone home. I've seen God take the young and the old, but the fact stands that death will come for us all. Are you ready to meet Jesus? Who is your master?

Verse of the Day