Friday, October 19, 2007

What If. . . .

I was listening to the radio the other day and the song "Fifteen" by Greg Long came on. It is a very moving song which poses the thought that it may take as many as fifteen times for someone to hear about Jesus before they will believe. Therefore, if that's the case, we must tell everyone, because we never know if we're the first, the fourth, or even the fifteenth. This is a gripping thought to me, because what if it takes that many people telling someone to convince them that Jesus is real and worth serving, and what if I fail in the line of things? What if it all comes down to you or me? I read a statistic one time that it takes something like five invitations to someone before they will agree to attend an event. There was the story about a man who was invited to a special church event and the first time he was invited he said "absolutely not". The second time he said, "no, I don't think so". The third time he replied, "we'll see." The fourth time he said, "I'll think about it." Then the fifth time he said, "sure, I'll come." I guess we can bug them until they come, but the point is that we should never give up. This time just might be the time they decide to come to Jesus.

No comments:

Verse of the Day