Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thank God For His Blessings

I just want to thank God for his blessings--especially in how he's blessed Hannah. Every night (or nearly every night) Hannah and I pray together, and I always pray that God will send His angels with her each day and that they will surround her and keep her safe. When I started praying this, many of her fears became less intense. I also pray that she will be able to listen, pay attention, and learn at school. I pray that God will help her to do the right thing each day. I pray for her teacher and pray that God will give her wisdom and patience to teach the kids. Somedays we pray for particular kids depending on what happened that day.

Today we had parent teacher conference and Hannah received all A's, the Principal's Award, and Perfect Attendance. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to take care of Hannah and have her in my life. Just as he allowed me to be in the lives of Will and Andy, he was also in control of placing Hannah in my life and she is trully a blessing. Not that she is perfect, because she can be grouchy and difficult with the best of them, but I do love her dearly. She always strives to do good. She wants to make good grades and do the right thing. The other day one of her friends "quit" being her friend and found some new friends. I told her to just keep being her friend anyway. A week or so later, this little girl's "friends" left her, and as Hannah said "she came back to me". She told me, "Mom, God had a plan for me and Alexis all along." It is funny to listen to her process these "minor" problems with such sincerity. For her, these problems are her entire world. I am glad she is learning to find God's hand in every situation. Which brings up the subject of Bible Study. Hannah is also doing well there. Her teachers think she's brillant, and I've already learned that she retains the Bible better than I do. Oh, to be a child again!

No comments:

Verse of the Day