Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sassy, sarcastic, and smart

Fifteen years ago today, I had a baby. She was the most beautiful baby to me. I remember sitting and rocking her and crying, because I couldn't believe how perfect she was. I was so grateful that God gave me a healthy baby girl, and I felt guilty that not everyone got to feel the pure, unadulterated love I was feeling. Hannah has grown to become such a beautiful young lady and she is sassy, sarcastic and smart. I'm kind of proud of the sarcasm part of her, because I know she got that from me. It may not be the best quality to give, but I hear that sarcastic people are actually smarter.

Hannah really is smart. She can't cut a straight line to save her life or play any sports, but she is so smart. I'm wiser than her, but she is so much smarter than I am and some day, she will be wiser than me as well.

She is not afraid to tell people the honest truth. I love that about her. I always like to say what people want to hear, but she is brave. She also isn't scared to tell me how she feels and that is exactly how I want it. She loves me and I love her and I don't let a day go by without letting her hear the words, "I love you!" 

Watching Hannah grow has been the highlight of my life. I guess there will be a moment when I wish we could go backwards, but every day is such an adventure that I like moving forward. She is 15 today, and I know that I'll blink and she'll be graduating and going to college. I'm anxious and excited all the same. My granddaughter likes to call this nerviscited.  I can't believe God chose me to be Hannah's mother. I haven't always done the best job, but I've always been grateful that God chose me to do the job. Happy Birthday Hannah Banana! I love you! 
Some of my favorite Hannah pictures

No comments:

Verse of the Day