Friday, March 15, 2013

Jesus Loves You!

I was reading a magazine several years ago and there was testimonial from a woman who was saved later in life. She started out by saying “My husband and I were in our 40’s when we went to a marriage seminar and learned that Jesus loved us and we were saved.” My heart was pierced, because this lady had lived in the United States of America for over 40 years before she heard Jesus loved her. I thought about how I have known about and felt the love of God all of my life. I can’t remember when I learned Jesus loved me; I have just known from the womb. I grew up singing about it, hearing about, and reading about, and my daughter has been bestowed with that very same blessing.

When we think about evangelism, we sometimes think we have to get into deep theological discussions with people. We sometimes shy away from witnessing because we might not “have all the answers.” I challenge you to not forget to simply tell them “Jesus loves you”. It seems so simple that it couldn’t possibly work, but what if they have never been told? What if the concept of anyone loving them is so foreign that it would rock their world. Everyone, at their very core, needs the love of Jesus. We need Jesus’ love more than we need money, food, air, or water. He is our Savior!

No comments:

Verse of the Day