Thursday, November 8, 2007

Jesus Use Us

Hannah really does seem to have made some changes. This week she keeps talking about her "prayer list" and how there are certian kids she has put on her prayer list. Last night, I put her to bed and afterwards I heard her talking and asked what she needed. She said, "nothing, mom, I'm just praying." In the past, she always wants me to "pray for her". She says she just doesn't know what to say. I just makes me so happy to see her depending on Jesus. I was much older before I really learned to depend on Him, and it really does ease your worries.

In other news, I have signed up to volunteer at Gardner Elementary and was assigned to a Kindergarten teacher. I am going today on my lunch hour to meet the kids and help out a little. I plan to help every other Friday afternoon from 12:30 until 3:00, and every other Thursday from 12:00 to 1:00. I really enjoy getting to know the kids and working with them one on one. There are some kids that really just need a hug and some encouragement. There are studies that show the grades of children improve after having regular, positive contact with an adult. I am praying God will use me to love these needy kids.

No comments:

Verse of the Day