Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunday Was Hannah's New Day

In my last post, I talked about Hannah and our conversations about Jesus dying for our sins. I know she's been thinking lots about it. We've had conversations in the past about her giving her life to Jesus and asking Him into her heart, and she has said that she would wait until she was older. A time or two she also got "worried" about remembering to do it when she got older, she said she really didn't want to go to hell. Sunday night, we talked about it and she told me that she wanted to ask Jesus to be her Savior. After she prayed, she said "whew, now I don't have to worry about doing it when I'm older." She had apparently been worried about it. Tonight after Bible Study, we were asking her what she learned and she started crying. She said, "Mom, they said that worrying is a sin, and I worry all the time." She cried for several minutes because she didn't realize she had been sinning so much. In Matthew 5, it says, Blessed are those that mourn. I've come to understand that this is referring to mourning over one's sin. Sometimes, people have a flippant attitude about sin, and say, "well, I'll just repent about that and do it anyway." We fail to realize that our sin put Jesus on the cross and He endured a horrible, tortuous death because of our sin. We should mourn over the sin we commit, and try our best to change. I'm so happy that Hannah has given her life to God, and that she started a new day in her life.

1 comment:

B said...

That's great about Hannah!

I enjoy your blog too, and I'm really not that smart--I know just enough to get me in trouble!

Verse of the Day