Monday, November 19, 2007

Prayer

I have decided to start studying prayer. Recently, in my study of Matthew, I studied the scriptures in chapter 6 about prayer. I got to thinking that having people pray in church for all to hear may not be appropriate or even biblical. Matthew 6:5 states, "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men." I know that it also has something to do with the attitiude, and most people I know are not hoping that they will be called on to pray in front of the church. For me, prayer is a very personal matter. When I am called on to pray at church, I always feel that I have to say things just right, not stutter, and have beautiful words. I feel very uncomfortable, and am usually trying to not be called on. I really think prayer is me communicating with God and that it should be between me and him only. Although, I'm not completely set in this opinion, I am willing to be pursuaded. I may do some further blogs, as I decide just what I think the bible says about prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SO AGREE!! U MAKE A GREAT POINT!!LOVE U...AUNT JANET

Verse of the Day